Monday, September 6, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


I'm slowly coming out of the post pardum fog. In addition to having a new baby, we moved to a new town, where sadly, they don't have a large discount grocery store where I am used to shopping. Consequently, grocery prices are much higher now. I'm going to have to start shopping the sales, hitting coupon deals when the come, and creating a price book!

This week, I'm trying to use up what we have. I picked up some apples last week at Albertsons for 58 cents/lb. Ben helped me make a big batch of delicious apple sauce with it. I need to freeze it before we eat it all! Below is my menu plan for this week, plus what I'd like to do ahead of time.

6 Monday: Potato Soup with leftover pears. Thaw ground beef, cook and bake noodles for.....
7 Tuesday: Pasta Pizza with ground beef, pepperoni, pineapple and olives. Have the rest of the cantaloupe. Thaw chicken breasts, mix up spice rub for...
8 Wednesday: Best Chicken Ever with corn and applesauce. Scrub, cook and prep potatoes. I think I'll cook the potatoes in the crockpot for....
9 Thursday: Twice Baked Potatoes with Ham. Cut up carrots for.....
10 Friday: Italian Roast Wraps.....just the roast :-) with herbed egg noodles, cooked carrots with thyme (new recipe). Dear daughter has to get shots today, so I'm planning an easy dinner. But, if she gets fussy, I might forget the noodles.
11 Saturday: Probably leftovers, we'll have plenty.

For more menus, visit I'm an Org Junkie.com!

1 comment:

Ask Ms Recipe said...

Sounds like a great menu for the week, have a great week.