Monday, June 7, 2010

Menu Plan Monday June 7, 2010


Last week, I was out of town most of the week, so I didn't really make a menu plan. But, I did finally get around to making the Brown Bag Burritos that have been on my list for a very long time. I'm glad I did. They were delicious! I am going to make a bunch to freeze for when baby comes. They will make a perfect snack or quick dinner. My sister in law makes delicious Spanish rice. Maybe I'll make a big batch of that to freeze too.

I also got a few more meals planned. Ben was kind enough to make up 12 ground beef patties, which we froze. I made 2 meatloaf mixes, and I cooked some meat for 2 shepherds pies. I just need to add the veggies and I'll freeze those too. I It is nice to see my fridge start to fill up with meals! So far, I have the meat listed above, and 1 dinner's worth of mock lasagna. I have a lot more planning to do. I didn't get to the waffles yet. Maybe this week. This week, I'll make a chicken tetrazzini to freeze as well (maybe two). I was thinking about making up a bunch of mashed potatoes to freeze for the shepherds pie, but I'm not sure they will hold up, so I think I'll have to buy a box of instant. Does anyone have success freezing mashed potatoes?

This week is pretty light on the menu. Last week, we took advantage of our one day without rain to make lemon lime chicken. Ben grilled it and it was perfect!

Sunday: Herbed Chicken with Spring Veggies. This was good, a bit heavy on the garlic, but seemed like too much work to make again. I have some leftover chicken which I will shred and serve with the veggies. I served it with Peasant Bread.

Monday: Leftover chicken and veggies. Fruit and bread.
Tuesday: Beef Stroganoff with pears. (I need to use up some sour cream)
Wednesday: Potluck, not sure what I'll bring.
Thursday: Enchiladas. (I cannot wait. I would love to make these and freeze them, but every site I've read for advice said the sauce makes the tortillas mushy and to add it before you cook it. I make my enchiladas by dipping each tortilla in the sauce, filling it, and then pouring extra on top, so I don't think it will work).
Friday: Burgers and fries.
Saturday: Not sure...maybe the tetrazzini if I don't get to it earlier in the week. If I make it, I'll make two.

For more menus, check out Menu Plan Monday at Org Junkie.com!

No comments: